AeroRide™ — Priority Ground Logistics
For those AOG shipments where an entire flatbed trailer isn’t necessary – but a standard box truck isn’t large enough – there’s Sterling’s AeroRideTM Priority Ground service. Our custom-built fleet of team straight trucks are designed specifically to give you expedited, safe and affordable ground transportation for flaps, slats, nose cowls, engines, engine inlets, and other valuable or fragile oversized aircraft parts.
Each truck is equipped with AirRide ControlTM, a unique vibration monitoring system that makes sure the AirRide functionality is working. These aviation-focused trucks even meet the stringent Department of Defense and military specifications for moving critical components.
Safe priority AOG ground transportation
With the industry's fastest response and delivery times, AeroRideTM Priority Ground services give you:
- 24/7 pick up 365 days a year and direct drive delivery with no consolidation of AOG shipments for end-to-end security
- Custom-built straight team trucks that are 22’ long, 102” wide boxes with two curtain sides for easier and safer loading of oversized, fragile aircraft parts
- Dedicated, specially trained drivers for fast, secure delivery any time of the day or night
- Unmatched chain of custody and quality control with complete AirRide monitoring data
- Full HAZMAT certification for handling aircraft parts considered dangerous goods if needed
- GPS to track and monitor the exact time in transit with point-by-point notification of potential traffic delays so AOG shipments can be rerouted quickly
- Real-time tracking, alerts and communications via QuickOnline – our advanced logistics software that provides shipment status at every milestone and logistics management tools